TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:45:38 -0600
Peter,

You've hit the nail on the head again. How many more hits
can my MoonCoffinManNail stand?

This part looks exactly like the TI parts I placed earlier and hope the
problem has gone away. Will know that Friday. This is another supplier
altogether and the missing ball site exhibits some "silvery" areas or points
where the ball was attached. The resto of the pad seems un/non/dewettable.
Makes me wonder if this supplier and TI are using the same BGA substrate and
ball attach supplier.

B2B, also please take notice. All the other photos, Steve can get rid of
anytime now, exhibit the same condition as I described but the TI parts
simply fell off the balls that had wetted to the assembly PCB.

I'm not bothering anyone else again on this forum about this crazy
situation. As our dear departed Waylon sang: I've always been crazy but it's
kept me from goin' insane. I've always lived by that and always will.

MoonCrazyMan