TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
My Nguyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:27:52 -0800
Brad,

Your advise and insight are greatly appreciated!!!

We make memory module.  The PCB material is FR4, 4-6
layers.

1. If we do not "prebake", what would be the
consequences?
2. Does the 80/20 rules apply to the memory PCB board
(especially the Immersion/Flash Gold)?
3. If the boardhouse prebake and then vaccum seal the
product, is it neccessary for SMT to prebake it prior
to soldering if they open then process the PCB
immediately?  Our SMT room environment is 20-30C and
35-60% Humidity.

Again, your advise is greatly appreciated.

Stacy