TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Dougal Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dougal Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:41:31 -0000
ask yourself why there is a problem on just the wave solder side.....
doesn't this suggest that there is an assembly issue here ? Remember first
and foremost that ENIG takes longer to wet than HASL or tin or silver, and
wicking through holes is limited. In my experience you should look at  a)
the fluxing prior to wave solder - spray works best, b) is the wave height
correct and conveyor parallel, c) is it a double wave, d) is the soldermask
too thick - this can effectively leave the flux trapped and actually
repelling the solder before it has a time to wet e)are the soldermask
apertures too small - same effect as d)
Dougal Stewart

email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: +44 1896 822204