TECHNET Archives

March 2002

From:
Hinners Hans M Civ WRALC/LUGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:41:34 -0500
Good Morning All,

I love the concept of parylene - vapor dep. is close to my heart but we had
trouble when some cards were handled roughly and scrapped the coating off.
They came back from the field very quickly.  The solution was to use a
secondary coat with better mechanical properties but the customer wasn't
interested in sticking with parylene unfortunately.

Recently, I got a CC manufacturer recommendation to use a double coat -
urethane basecoat and a silicone overcoat.

Hans

Integrity First  -  Service Before Self  -  Excellence in All We Do
Hans M. Hinners
Electronics Engineer
Warner Robins - Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC/LUGE)
226 Cochran Street
Robins AFB GA 31098-1622

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Com: (478) 926 - 5224