TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Phil Kinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:20:16 -0000
Any particular flux and conformal coating combo Susan?

We have done some work which showed the choice of resist, flux and
coating were influential in the successful outcome of conformal coating
operations.

We found the results varied quite considerably depending on the
materials choices.  Please contact me offline if you think this might be
of interest.

Either way, extensive SIR and thermal cycling/shock testing should be
performed to check the electrochemical reliability of the combination as
well as establishing the impact of the flux residues in reducing the
adhesion of the coating.

Hope of some use,

Best Regards,

Phil Kinner