TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Kathy Kuhlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:29:05 -0600
Is this QE going to be responsible for specific processes or products in specific industries?

Some basic QE questions I always enjoyed in interviews are:

1) Have you ever performed a Cp/Cpk analysis?  If so what process and what was the index you arrived at?  If less than 1.33 what did you do to improve the process and increase the cpk value? If not, who did you perform process improvements, How was a process determined to be in control?
2) Can you solder?  IMHO the more they understand the better they are at it.
3) Set up hypotetical situations with some issues that you have come accross and see if the QE starts down and obtains the same general root cause as you did.
4) What is the most important factors in quality?

Other items I have found useful interviewing.  These items you just need to watch for:

1) Does the interviewee listen carefully and answer the question with confidence.  The more a person understands a topic the more confident the response will be.
2) General attitude.  A peson can learn many talents but a good attitude is not so easy.  I take a good attittude over experience.
3) Looks you in the face and general body language is open and honest.

Have fun

Kathy

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2712.300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px"> <DIV>Is this QE going to be responsible for specific processes or products in specific industries?&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Some basic QE questions I always enjoyed in interviews&nbsp;are:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>1) Have you ever performed a Cp/Cpk analysis?&nbsp; If so what process and what was the index you arrived at?&nbsp; If less than 1.33 what did you do to improve the process and increase the cpk value? If not, who did you perform process improvements, How was a process determined to be in control?&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>2) Can you solder?&nbsp; IMHO the more they understand the better they are at it.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>3) Set up hypotetical situations with some issues that you have come accross and see if the QE starts down and obtains the same general root cause as you did.</DIV> <DIV>4) What is the most important factors in quality?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Other items I have found useful interviewing.&nbsp; These items you just need to watch for:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>1) Does the interviewee listen carefully and answer the question with confidence.&nbsp; The more a person understands a topic the more confident the response will be.</DIV> <DIV>2) General attitude.&nbsp; A peson can learn many talents&nbsp;but a good attitude is not so easy.&nbsp; I take a good attittude over experience.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>3) Looks you in the face and general body language is open and honest.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Have fun</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Kathy </DIV></BODY></HTML>