TECHNET Archives

February 2002

Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:49:45 EST
Hi All!

Just discovered that my web page is temporally blocked because it exceeded
daily bandwidth...it will be reset overnight.

Homestead says they change bandwidth limits for us free guys in order to be
able to support the paying customers (personally I think they're putting some
pressure on me to pay...hey, they're in business to make money just like
anybody else).

If it becomes to be too many interruptions, I may subscribe...they're as
cheap as anybody as far as web page hosting.

I think my bandwidth increased when I changed the music. The "Devil In the
Blue Dress" (Mitch Rider and the Detroit Wheels BTW) music is a wave file
about 900K where as the *.MIDI muzak is down around 50K, so that means that
everytime someone visits, there's a 900K data exchange that the server is
dealing with, and that's what they keep track of...bytes.

So I'll change back to the *.MIDI muzak and see if that helps. This was the
first time I put decent quality background music on the page...gotta have
some sort of tunes when looking at the pictures...hehehe.

But I'll string out the free lunch as long as I can (GRIN)

I was wondering how long it was gonna last...

-Steve Gregory-