TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:00:39 -0500
(More wood to the bonfire...)
In addition to the other comments, to expand on what Moonmeister said,
possible that your vendor is using foil construction now versus core
construction.  For 4-layer boards, foil construction starts with a core
board already processed and adds laminate/prepreg to the outside with copper
foil added last, then processed.  Core construction uses 2 cores (Layers 1 &
2, then Layers 3 & 4) with laminate/prepreg in between.
Does the master (or drill) drawing define board construction, or is it left
to the vendor's discretion?

Roger M. Stoops,  CID   [log in to unmask]
TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LLC