TECHNET Archives

February 2002

Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:28:26 -0600
Good Morning Dan! From an assembly point of view your temperatures are
pretty workable for a reflow profile but the ramp rates are somewhat
restrictive. I have seen multiple instances of reflow processes running at
ramp up/down rates of 4-6 C/sec with no danger of impacting the component
integrity.  Is there a material rationale for the 2 C/sec ramp rate
suggestion? As an assembler I am always give preference to components with
the maximum reflow profile robustness.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

"Dan R. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 02/20/2002 03:14:49 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
      to "Dan R. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  TechNet <[log in to unmask]>