TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
makshuwing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:17:44 +0800
Hello eter,

Adhesive dispensing, chip placement, reflow(glue curing), manual insertion, then wave soldering are our normal processes. After reflow we sometimes find some mis-aligned chips or missing components. The area of glue in contact with the surface of the mis-aligned chip could be less than normal and the adhesion force is insufficient to protect the chip from dropping off  during wave soldering. Therefore we  want to use high temp solder to solder the mis-aligned chips prior to wave soldering. We know that we could detach the parts after reflow and hand solder the parts after the wave soldering but we think adding hi-temp solder is the simpliest way since there is no detachment process is involved.

Eric