TECHNET Archives

February 2002

Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:58:44 EST
Hi HardRock Earl,
...and there we thought your cave was this soft cushiony hibernation hollow
you shared with a ground hog.
Well, how do you tell somebody that they have been smoking something witout
telling them they have been smoking something? Why should FMEA, R&M, and LCC
be able to tell you something about reliability?
The only way I can think of is to question the source: where does this stuff
come from? what data is it based on? what physical model(s) is it based on?
why has nobody heard of it?
Sorry, diplomacy was never my long suit and I have always been a
straight-shooter--good consequence, this kept me off the Bell Labs promotion
list. So now you got a tech-guru instead of a lousy Lucent manager.

Sir Knight-in-Somewhat-Tarnished-Armor