TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:36:09 -0800
Kathie: What you are proposing will certainly work. However if you are a
small volume operation can you really afford to put inline cleaners on each
line? Sounds expensive from a capital $ outlay and like a lot maintenance.
Don't forget even a "small footprint" inline cleaner must be sized right to
do a proper job of both cleaning and drying the assembly.
My guess is management after looking at the real cost will opt for better
coordination between the reflow and wash areas.

We considered this approach a while back and it didn't make good sense at
the time.  Just my thoughts

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Staff Engineer