TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:47:29 -0600
Kathy,

Exactomundo! Unfortunately, upper management types often have their own
forum based on their MBA training requiring primary focus to be on the
bottom line often with little attention, or often care, to use at the
bottom. We just had a conversation this morning concerning this issue and
pointed clearly at some very large corporate failings due to too much focus
on the bottom line and stock values, instead the product supporting them to
that point.

Fortunately, I am currently working in a small 40 or so person company with
great cash flow, great folks, and great management (that gets in my face
about three times a day but that's alright because we do share our views
concerning the company's direction). Problem is, management is no where
capable or has the time to entertain a quality system with which to grow.
This will change, and I will be the driver once we get some quality product
in and out the door withing the next few weeks. It, and the DFM/CE efforts
used so far and the rules imposed by it, will serve as models for all other
activities here.

Enjoy,

MoonDFMMan