TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:36:45 -0800
This is one of those impossible questions, like if you were stuck on a
desert island what one book, one game, one person...

Over the course of interviewing many QEs I've learned to ask the candidate
to explain what "in control" means. Then I ask them to explain the
difference between in control and in spec.  That filters 80% of the
candidates right there.

But all of this silly, because "Quality Engineer" is an oxymoron.  Speaking
as a Sr. Staff QE, any engineer who's any good isn't in quality.  ;^)

dw