TECHNET Archives

February 2002

From:
James TerVeen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:49:52 -0500
I have a small dilemma.   We have been pretinning a large number of
component in a couple of solder pots.   One of them suddenly started to
give me dewet and nonwet conditions.   I removed all the solder from the
pot and replaced it with new solder (by the way the solder is SN62).   Sent
the solder from both pots out for analysis and just got the results back.
The difference in the two pots seems to be a .63 higher % level of Pb and a
concentration of In (.00220) % in the bad pot and
>0.0001 in the good pot.    All the other elements seem to be pretty much
the same (within .002)  accept the Sn which is .03 different.   Anybody got
any ideas as to why I was getting the dewet and non wet conditions from the
one solder pot over the other.     Also the good solder pot had higher
levels of Cu and Ni.

Thanks