TECHNET Archives

February 2002

Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:30:49 EST
MEETING OF THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER
OF THE IPC DESIGNERS COUNCIL

Date: Wednesday, the 20th of February 2002
Where: Connies Restaurant - Derby, Ct.

Time: Networking 6:00pm, Meeting 7:00pm

Topic: Hidden Parameters Behind Full Library Development

This meeting will be the first part of a two part series on Library
development. When we hear the term "library development" the first thing that
comes to mind is making a pad-stack and associating it with the component
outline, schematic symbol, etc. However, library development includes many
issues that are more important. The truth becomes more evident as we apply
higher technology to our products.

The February session will be an exploratory session focusing on the issues
facing full library development. Issues such as part interchangeability,
testing parameters, electronic function or special assembly requirements are
just a few of the issues that need to be met.

We intend to develop a comprehensive list of these issues and share them with
several industry library developers. These developers represent the CAD
community as well as those that might have component libraries for sale.

We will then invite these industry leaders to our April meeting to share how
they address these issues. Hopefully we will have identified the strengths,
weaknesses and/or benefits of building your own, using an industry standard
or purchasing a library.

You are requested to RSVP Vin Stabile by end of business on Tuesday at (203)
225-9056 X4142 or  [log in to unmask]

Directions to Connie's Restaurant:

Take Route 84 to Route 8 South.
Take Route 8 to Route 34, towards Derby.
Make a right turn at the SECOND traffic light.
Connies is one block, on the right.