LEADFREE Archives

February 2002

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Baldridge, Rick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:19:29 -0500
Thanks so much for the info.  I'll be looking forward to the
presentations.

Wish I could do more on my own, but we're a small group and having to
follow more industry trends than forge ahead on our own.  Looks like
most of the US industries are looking at matte-tin for leads IF they can
control any potential whisker growth.  We feel that this would be best
for having a single product line that would handle traditional SnPb
processes as well as some of the lead-free alloys.  If our components
can be re-qualified to the higher temperature (260°C) profile and still
meet the MSL requirements, I believe we'd be doing well.  Some planned
verification testing should prove this out for us shortly.

Best wishes.  I look forward to seeing the results of your work.

Rick Baldridge
W-J Communications, Inc.