TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 05:53:39 -0600
Brian,

Very well stated, as usual, providing images of a mousy sort. I knew you
know lots of stuff, but I didn't know you were/are a world famous rodent
resuscitator. Outstanding surgical skills. Too bad they couldn't be used on
the world's richest man's conscience. A lobotomy or sorts might make his
quality dedication a bit stronger. A shame he's all most of can count on to
make himself richer.

I know the mouse of which you speak. I to tried to move to wired optical
but, because of exactly your problem, I returned to the conojones variety.
My saying used to be, before my illuminated pointing device emitted its last
photon. no Raton cojones aqui.

Worked with Logitech some time back. Unlike Microsuck, their balls were too
small so skipping and lack of resolution was a problem. Tried to tell them
larger is better but they continued making not so well endowed versions. I
wouldn't consider their devices now so I keep a large stock of Microsoft's
top of the line beastys as insurance - exactly for the reasons you state.
Amazing how so many of us rely so heavily on these things and how faulty
they can become. Even a small grain of salt can mess up your CADday.

Gates and his cronies grew up cons. They're like so many of the Silicon
Gulch versions I dealt with for many years. It's all they've ever known but
for how to "borrow" others' ideas and convert them for personal gain (worked
at the "Big X" for a time and saw what they loaned out). When you have this
mentality, quality is only as good as the current version. What happens next
is a bigger con promising all previous versions' problems will be a thing of
the past. For this type quality, we pay ever increasing prices at the pump.
It's universal and until we all make a stand, it continues unabated. Who's
fault is it anyway?

The "culture" at Microsuck will not change. Therefore, its quality will not
improve. That is why I started this diatribe. It is an example of management
cloning itself regularly while the rest of us see the same old picture at a
much higher ticket price.

Thanks Brian. I needed that.

MoonMan