TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Seth Goodman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 23:37:20 -0600
Hello Stacy,

JEDEC Standard MO-161 issue E (9/2000) has the answers you are looking for.
This standard is available for free at
http://www.jedec.org/download/default.cfm  Here is a summary of the heights
for all 168-pin DIMM variations listed in the standard.  These are
applicable to both first and second generation types, all keying styles and
both 4.0mm and 9.0mm thick modules.

Variation    Height, mm +/-0.13    Height, in. +/-0.005
---------    ------------------    --------------------
 AA, AB            25.40                 1.000
 BA, BB            31.75                 1.250
 CA, CB            38.10                 1.500
 CC, CD            43.18                 1.700

The standards committee either liked asymmetry or wanted to drive us
compulsive types crazy.  Kudos to them.  Since the widths are all the same,
you should be able to standardize your subpanels to four variations, at
most.  The overall PCB thickness is 1.27+/-0.1mm (0.050"+/-0.004") for all
of them.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Seth Goodman
Goodman Associates, LLC