TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 05:10:20 -0600
If interested, and who's not absolutely caught up in this all, the following
site will provide answers to all your questions concerning ISO:
http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/ISOOnline.frontpage

Though this is not the discussion I intended, some good and bad ISO points
have been made that are of particular interest when I look at DFM/CE and how
it could be affected by similar viewpoints. After all that's been written
and applied about it, some still frown on the concept, though not always the
reality, as being too restrictive. We don't need no stinkin' CE to get it
right as they go for it time after time with little success. I know of few
on this forum who would disagree with, what they probably have often said,
they have time to do it over but no time to do it right the first time.

Concerning one of Peter's comments, I submit the "new" ISO 9000 document
certainly is "stronger" if shalls have anything to do with it. However, we
all know it's not the paper's strength that matters as much as the people,
starting with management in any type organization, that change the paper
into reality and use it. How well, WITH OR WITHOUT ISO, is up to them.

MoonMan