TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:53:00 -0000
Jim

Having kicked this around here, the general consensus is that you do NOT
ship the product.

Without knowing the exact coating material, nor your end product, we could
not say how the "overcooked / oxidised" coating will behave. We would figure
that its moisture and chemical resistance might be improved but, its
potentially less flexible nature might over-stress components.

As to removing it, I think that a chemical stripper would probably be safer
but it will have to be done very carefully by hand, a little at a time. I
could not comment upon its effect on components and understand why your
customer would be unhappy with this. This is a space product, and the cost
of launch, much less manufacture, would probably demand that you re-make the
product - it might give all the data acquisition to the Aliens on planet
Tharg.

Sorry, but I don't think we can give you an acceptable alternative. Best of
luck.

Regards Graham Naisbitt

Concoat Limited
Alasan House, Albany Park