TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Kathy Kuhlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:37:21 -0600
There is no defect allowed or production allowed to run without all defects being investigated and resolved.  This may involve several avenues but if a defect is found it is investigated.  We acknowledge that either the process has been improved and the process parameters are documented.  If a defect can't be removed we build in process control for those inherent issues.  Common defects that we consider inherent issues that we would build into a secondary op are wave solder skips because of orientation, sot-23 packages, connector shorts due to wave snapping.

All operators must take the initiative and stop.  We also hold those accountable for the quality of the product (good or bad).  I am very firm about accountability for good and bad workmanship.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2712.300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px"> <DIV>There is no defect allowed or production allowed to run without all defects being investigated and resolved.&nbsp; This may involve several avenues but if a defect is found it is investigated.&nbsp;&nbsp;We acknowledge that either the process has been improved and the process parameters are documented.&nbsp; If&nbsp;a defect can't be removed we build in process control&nbsp;for those inherent issues.&nbsp; Common defects that we consider inherent issues that we would build into a secondary op are&nbsp;wave solder skips because of orientation, sot-23 packages, connector shorts due to wave snapping.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>All operators must take the initiative and stop.&nbsp; We also hold those accountable&nbsp;for the quality of the product (good or bad).&nbsp;&nbsp;I am very firm about accountability for good and bad workmanship.&nbsp; </DIV></BODY></HTML>