TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Eric Christison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:46:51 +0000
FYI,

Our standard package for our optical sensors is 36 LCC. The silicon sits
inside a cavity sealed with a glass lid and the die is wire bonded. We
sold about 10 million of them last year a few less the year before and
few less the year before that.

We've never heard of sensors failing due to damage from ultrasonic
cleaning. Certainly in house, we ultrasonically clean sensors as a
matter of course and again, we've never seen a failure.

I imagine a problem might occur if a bond wire had a resonant frequency
near the frequency of the tank. However we've never heard of this
happening...

--
Eric Christison
Mechanical Engineer