TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Michael Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:05:13 +1300
James,

Have you considered using a laser cut or milled steel/aluminium hat that
sits ontop of the PCB.  Any clearance for components can be milled out from
the underside, and the weight of it forms a good enough seal around the
bottom.  We used this idea ffor a long time for PCB's that were panelized.
The hats were made into a large spider web style with hats adjointing to it.
You simply dropped it over the respective components and in one go, we
masked about 30 components/connectors etc.

Cheers

Mike