TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
"Goldman, Patricia J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:00:12 -0500
I used to have my supplier of our gold bath measure the hardness of our gold.  They did it by taking a sample of our bath and plating it to sufficient thickness to do the Knoop hardness procedure.  The same thing should be able to be done for nickel.   There is a certain minimum thickness required to do the test properly, obviously greater than what our typical plated gold thickness was.

Patty
Patricia J. Goldman
PPG Industries, Inc.
724-274-3417