TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
"Diamond, Pat" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:59:15 -0000
Phil & Steven

thanks for your reponses, in answer to your questions, this product is used
in a speed probe on the Eurofighter engine to measure the speed of the high
pressure turbine.  The probe will typically see temperatures of around 300
degrees C at the front end, therefore we cannot use other high temp.
coatings such as polyimide.

We terminate this wire by skeining it 5 times and inserting into an
aluminium sleeve. We then fit a Stainless Steel sleeve over the aluminium
one, crimp it all together and resistance weld this assembly.  The welding
process then breaks down the anodising at the connection area.

regards

Pat Diamond