TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:17:37 -0700
Earl,

I have found that there are 3 basic things, which can  distort efforts
to implement DFM/CE, ISO, or other types of programs (there have been many over the years!)

1. Trying to save money no mater how much it costs!
2. It's very very difficult to prove a negative.
3. "Tombstone" engineering (an extreme derivation of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!")

There is also a problem of trying to serve 2 different masters; making money and quality
products.

It requires a great deal of patients and understanding to counter these trends. Unfortunately
most
engineers have never been given this sort of training. They can be overwhelmed by
circumstances.

It is very sad to watch!

David A. Douthit
Manager