TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:40:44 -0600
Ioan,

Thanks for the history lesson. Isn't it remarkable the cycle of things.

Speaking of the good old days - do you remember when most everyone had jobs?
Talk about wisdom and no compromise, how about those car folks. Ford is
about to layoff another 20,000 or so folks why introducing new models
costing more than some of their employee's houses.

How about GM introducing super charged 500 hp models while laying off an
unknown number of people - soon to be announced. All this while gas
production is being cut by OPEC and we have no "local" sources. Where do you
think prices are going soon? More management wisdom!

I'll bet those upper management types still are making a few bucks through
their infinite wisdom. Bet they can weather the storm and buy what they are
currently designing though few others can while 0% financing car returns are
soaring as are home repo's.

Where's the little, economical car we're all going to need just to get
increasingly high priced food products - with warning labels. Hell, where
are the jobs? There's wisdom and quality in all that.

Again, your historical thoughts ring through. You and Brian might appreciate
this:

An Introduction to
the Oracle at Delphi

"In this place I am minded to build a glorious temple to be an oracle for
MEN, and here they will always bring perfect hecatombs, both they who dwell
in Peloponnesus and the men of Europe and from all the wave-washed isles,
coming to question me. And I will deliver to them all counsel that cannot
fail, answering them in my rich temple."

What comes around, goes around. What of the women of Delphi?

Actually, my cave is a bit more than that. I was attempting to build a
social club on a couple of acres in BF Montana. However, I ran just a bit
afoul of the law. So, I'll just write there. Sorry Paul "Classic."

Moonman