TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:11:00 -0800
When the Materials are coming in as needed, when the Machines are working as
specified, when the Manpower is working as instructed, the process should be
under control, meaning the products come off the line within the parameters
specified.
IF all that is really happening, don't mess with anything, don't try to
Manage of control or change anything. Go play golf.
IF NOT, start managing.

This really looked like a Monday morning on the Technet. Somebodies had
hangovers. From complaining about Microsoft's quality to trying to figure
out how to manage quality. Actually not a very large jump. When it comes
down to it both pertain to the type of work most of us are supposed to be
doing in the first place, as I expect that most of us are doing some design
work or some assembly work or are managing either (or are advising or
consulting for those who should be doing it).

So which group is really 'responsible' for the quality of the products we
are involved in?  Sure, somebody else. How good is the quality of your
product?

Regarding the 'quality' of Windows, have you ever asked yourself what would
happen to the display on your monitor if you put a poorly designed or
performing card or program in the computer?  ---   blue screen of death!!
Any problem inside the computer looks like a Windows problem!!!

Now back to managing,

Regards, Ahne.

PS: I know when to expect or not to expect Computer problems based on the
programs I am using. And turn off those little cute programs on the bottom
right of your computer.