TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Gary McCauley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:49:44 -0600
That is not resin recession.  That is "true" etchback if
also using a glass etch.  Resin recession is resin that was
once attached to the hole wall and pulled away during a
thermal cycle.  As pointed out earlier, it is sometimes
mistakenly called hole wall pullaway which is an entirely
different defect.

At one time I thought it was caused by the sectioning
technique or exotherm potting compounds, but was never
able to verify.

gary mccauley