TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:12:37 EST
MEETING OF THE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER
OF THE IPC DESIGNERS COUNCIL

Date: Wednesday, the 12th of December 2001
Where: Connies Restaurant - Derby, Ct.

Time: Networking 6:00pm, Meeting 7:00pm

Topic: Thermal Management

We have planned a very exciting presentation by Gareth Parry, Field
Applications Engineer at Coretec Canada on Thermal Management at the board
level.

Gareth's presentation is an in depth look at the abilities to meet the
growing demand of thermal dissipation of the printed wired board. We will
investigate the use of
IMpcb and ITSpcb technologies and their associated design and
manufacturability considerations.

Gareth will take us through the use of heavy copper, thermal vias, thermally
dissipative materials and integrated heatsinks. A must for the thermally
challenged circuit board designer.

This is an extremely popular presentation and I advise you respond as soon as
possible because space is limited.

Coretec is one of the leading fabricators of printed circuit boards "PCBs" in
the North American and European markets. Their solutions include field
engineering support, R&D, PCB education, PCB design and consulting, Prototype
fabrication and QTA production.

Host:

The meeting will be hosted by our chapter.

You are requested to RSVP Vin Stabile by end of business on Tuesday at (203)
225-9056 X4142 or  [log in to unmask]

Directions to Connie's Restaurant:

Take Route 84 to Route 8 South.
Take Route 8 to Route 34, towards Derby.
Make a right turn at the SECOND traffic light.
Connies is one block, on the right.