TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Patrick Lam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:53:48 -0800

Thanks Steve.

Patrick

"Stephen R. Gregory" <[log in to unmask]> on 12/26/2001 03:24:42 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:    (bcc: Patrick Lam/SEL)
Subject:  Re: [TN] MELF Land Pattern

Hi Patrick!

Use the same land patterns that apply for chip components that are the same
width and length. Don't use those patterns that have the little "U-shaped"
cut-out in the center of the patterns...they will cause the the MELF to skew
during reflow unless placed PRECISELY!

I don't know where those patterns were created, or why they were, but they
don't accomplish what they tried to do...

They still exist out there by the component manufacturers...just two square
pads that match the component width and length are fine...they don't need any
special pads.

-Steve Gregory-

> Hi Technetters,
>
> We are going to use MELF (MMB0207) in our design for the first time. I need
> some
> advice on creating the land pattern.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

This e-mail may contain SEL confidential information. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of SEL. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution or other use is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, permanently delete it, and destroy any printout. Thank you.