TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
My Nguyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:47:36 -0800
Hello Technetters,

Thank you so much! You guys are awesome!

Yes Steve, thanks for your input, you don't mind if I
quote it in my report "50,000/year just for waste
solder paste on X-out modules for 1 mil module/month"
(our volume is about not less).

The problem of X-Out, from my concern, is how to
provide good support in Solder Paste Printing process
as we do second side product.  Width different
component height (D-Pac Stack, TSOP, SOJ, high/low
profile capacitors, different PCB thickness), it is
not easy to find flexible/cost effitive tool for the
support toolings.  Even with one product but the X-Out
position shift from block to block.

THE SECOND QUESTION IS PCB HEIGHT.  WE WANT THE LAYOUT
ENGINEER TO FOLLOW THE 0.125 INCREMENT. (I.e for DIMM,
the dimension will be 5.25x1.00/1.125/1.250/1.375...)
By doing we can standardize the panel size, the tools,
fixture, etc. However, I do not know is there any JDEC
spec or any other spec on PCB height or its increment.

Please advise,
Stacy