TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:04:14 -0800
How about the panel size working with pick and place machines, wave solder,
auto-insertion, Auto test fixtures, solder paste application, storage racks,
anti-static board carriers and racks, inspection equipment, etc. .... all
these things have limitations on the max size they can handle...

Also, larger panels may need local fiducials for compensation due to
variations in tolerance accumulation across larger areas... Will the panels
be rigid enough or require support through the manufacturing process?

How do you plan do DE-Panelize the boards? How many "X-out" or reject boards
will you allow in a panel?

Doe it make sense to have "SUB" panels? Super-panels that can break down to
sub-panels for certain processes?

enough?

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.
DATRON WORLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC
3030 Enterprise Court
Vista, CA 92083
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
mailto:[log in to unmask]
IPC Designers Council, San Diego Chapter
http://www.ipc.org/SanDiego/
http://home.fda.net/bbrooks/pca/pca.htm