TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Hinners Hans M Civ WRALC/LUGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:07:58 -0500
Hello Fellow Techies,

Thanks for the comments!

The original drawings are from the late 80's and we're conformally coating
the assembly instead of using an insulating foam so I get to change/improve
things.
MIL-STD-2000 came out after the drawings (which reference MIL-STD-454).  And
then there's the disconnect when both specs got canceled without an
identified replacement.  I'd rather identify a non-government specification
supporting DOD's decision to get out of the spec. business.  (They had
better solder the thing to J-STD-001 or I've got bigger problems than
getting a good coating.)

Happy Holidays.

Hans

Integrity First  -  Service Before Self  -  Excellence in All We Do
Hans M. Hinners
Electronics Engineer
Warner Robins - Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC/LUGE)
226 Cochran Street
Robins AFB GA 31098-1622

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Com: (478) 926 - 5224