TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Jiang Ping <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:15:46 +0800
You have micro-sectioned, so you could check the roughness and plating quality of  the blind vias' wall. When you find blow holes in THT joints after wave soldering, it's most likely that the fab house has a drilling or plating problem. It may be the reason in your case too.

Just a clue if you have checked all the possible causes already. If not IPC7095 7.4.1.1 could be a start point. Good luck!

Jiang Ping