TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
My Nguyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:38:40 -0800
Hello all,

We are seriously evaluating the next generation
platform for our facility.  We mainly make memory
products (RIMM, DIMM(168-200), DDR, SODIMM144/72).  It
could be considered as high mix, high volume.  We have
other as big as 20K/W.O down to 5-10 units/W.O,
however, mainly they are above 1000 units/W.O.

Currently, we use the combination of Dek-CP (65,643,7)
and QP2/3.  However, due to the changes in technology
and our limited space, we have to look for if there is
any better combination out there that could better fit
us.  CP and QP are great, however, for the ratio of
50/10 (50 small resister/cap per 10 regular to fine
pitch ICs) cause too much waiting time on our lines.
(Averagely, CP7 finish a panel of 8 up within 25-30
seconds while the 2 QP3 combination take up to 1
minutes or more to finish one panel).

Simemen - S25 - 6/12 combination comes to our mind.
The presentations are very impressive.  However, we
would like to hear your realistic opinions about the
S25 6/12 you have known or use of.

These are the following we are looking at:
1. Service: Engineering knowledge, commitement,
response.
2. Parts: Flexibility, Avaiability, Shipping, Price,
Update/Improvement.
3. Machine: Accuracy (For how long), Life,
Maintenance, Usage Friendly, Breakdown, etc.
4. Software: User Friendly, Line Monitor, Improvement,
Secure etc.
5. The Innovation, the growth rate of Siemen and how
do they communicate with you to keep you up with what
they are doing.  How do they handle their customer
during up/down economy.
6. what else should I consider for this possible
change?

Changing the production line are very serious.  As we
change, we would be stuck with it for at least 5-10
years.  Technology is changing rapidly, one mistake
could lead our business straight to ... hell.
However, sticking with an old one could hold us down
as well.

Thanks a million in advance for your help!

Stacy