TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
"Tempea, Ioan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:26:00 -0500
Hi Daan,

for different reasons than solder beading, I am presently evaluating
different no-clean solder pastes. And I came to realize that solder beading
might be a problem with the modern formulations, and speciffically with the
higher ranking products of the big brand names.

But until now I had no beading problem, with our stencils cut 100% and
rectangular on all the passives. I use CR36 from Multicore and get no solder
beading, regardless the pad design. I also tried the EasyProfile 256 from
Kester and F367 from Heraeus and they exhibited no solder beading. On the
other hand I got beads with Alpha's OMNIX and AIM NC251.

So, I believe too that using home plate apertures is a good thing, but there
also are pastes out there that do not produce beads. AIM just told me they
will release really soon an anti-beading paste, NC253.

So this is an alternative solution.

Regards,
Ioan