TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Francois Monette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:57:25 -0500
In reviewing the IPC-1720 I noticed that the material handling section does
cover ESD policies and procedures but there is no mention of MSD control
(Moisture Sensitive Devices). Since MSD control is just as important as ESD
to insure the reliability of the finished product you might want to include
this in your requirements. If you are interested I can send you a MSD Audit
checklist that is based on the latest IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033 : Standard for
Handling, Packing, Shipping and Use of Moisture/Reflow Sensitive Surface
Mount Devices, May 1999. The Audit checklist is a free download from the MSD
knowledge base on our web site : www.cogiscan.com, click on Moisture
Sensitive Devices.

Francois Monette
Cogiscan Inc.