TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
"Sauer, Steven T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:04:59 -0500
Good Morning Genny,
In simple terms, if you ground the cage then it's no longer isolated.  If
each test station is grounded then the test stations are electrically
connected and suspect to ground transients (talk about spurious output
problems).  Think of safety first, if you're using an RF PA that arcs to the
grounded cage, what happens?  Do you ground ESD bags?
Keep it simple, if you select the appropriate mesh, based on your frequency
and power, there won't be any bouncing or reflecting, just simple
absorption.