TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:17:54 -0000
Doug and Jim

In respect to the suggestions Doug makes, could you just be sure that you
are manufacturing assemblies that are broadly in-line with the "coupon
design" outlined in J-Std001/004/TM650 etc..

Latest research suggests that "older" designs might yield grossly misleading
reliability data (SIR results) - you really must test to conditions to which
your finished assembly shall be subjected.

"Cleaning" to a value of less than 2 megohm/cm also means that it is
acceptable to leave up to that amount of "salt" on every square cm of the
assembly, but fine-line; fine-pitch; COB, BGA etc., might well demand a far
lower value. I know of many that work to less than 0.2 megohm/cm for this
very reason.

Regards, Graham Naisbitt

www.concoat.co.uk <http://www.concoat.co.uk>

For instant access to Product Data Sheets register on the Tech-Shot area of
http:// www.concoat.co.uk <http://www.concoat.co.uk>

Concoat Limited
Alasan House, Albany Park
CAMBERLEY GU16 7PH UK