TECHNET Archives

December 2001

From:
Charles McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:33:26 -0500
EARL:

Does your view hold the same from an assemblers point of view.

More specifically, in your history, would the assembler prefer ENIG over
SILVER and/or TIN?
THe assemblers I speak with just do not have the background/experience to
decide. However, they
are quick to reject the bare board vendor for what they THINK is a
solderability problem.
(That's when I move with failure review etc. I hope to reduce this incidence
dramatically by proposing user friendly finishes based on board design.)

Charlie