TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Vinit Verma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:47:09 +0530
Hi Dave,

I see two MAJOR advantages of a large oven:

1. More no. of heating zones and hence more flexibility and ease of
achieving the desired thermal profile.

2. Throughput. No. of boards processed per minute/per hour...

It's a very simple mathematical calculation:

If L is the length of the heating tunnel
D is the board length (in the direction of travel)
d is the distance between two boards
t is the desired profile time (total profile time)

then the no. of boards in the oven at a given point of time: L/(D+d)

Hence the no. of boards out per minute = [L/(D+d)]/t (assuming t is in
minutes)

Hope that answers your query!

Regards
Vinit Verma
Flextronics Technologies (India) Pvt. Ltd.
88A, Electronic City, Hosur Road,
Bangalore-561 229
Tel: +91-80-852 0022, Ext. 161 ; Fax: +91-80-852-1024