TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:03:17 -0500
Rick,

The important question is SMT or PTH?

We are using Contact Systems PTH equipment (5 systems) are very happy
with them.

One question that becomes important is, what means is used to go from
your PCB layout program to making a working machine placement program?
We ended up creating a custom Microsoft Access® module that made several
comparisons and ran several filters to output those components that were
machine inserted and a separate list of the non-machine insertable
parts.

Phil Nutting