TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:49:46 -0500
Peter
I agree - cooling the jigs can be a big problem for throughput.  One solution I've seen was to have a rack at the unload end, the operators would put the jigs in it and a fan directed at the rack would convection cool them faster than just sitting.

regards

Graham Collins
Process Engineer,
Northrop Grumman
Atlantic Facility of Litton Systems Canada
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/27/01 03:44AM >>>
Hello,

Has anyone experienced problems with running boards through wave
soldering in a pallet with deep machined pockets?

My jigs are quite thick (~0.5") in order to mask off the high filter
components on the solder side. As a result the jigs get very hot after
soldering and takes long time to cool down to be feed back to the cycle.
It also affects my profiling, throughput, and seems to create more dross
than usual.

Any comment or advice?

Rgds,
Peter