TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:50:22 -0600
Hi Mario! I have a reference which may be helpful. A number of years ago
Nicolet Instruments (they are an xray equipment supplier) worked with
Sandia National Labs on the effects of ionizing radiation on electronic
components. They used a 100KV anode voltage and exposed a variety of
components to ionizing radiation for various dwell times. Their conclusion
was that it would require 43 days of direct exposure to damage a component
(for the testing conditions and specific components selected). Contact
Nicolet Test Instruments Division and obtain a copy of their Application
Notes titled "Ionizing Radiation and Its Effects Upon Electronic
Components" for the details. Good Luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

Mario Dion <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 11/19/2001 09:21:47 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  TechNet <[log in to unmask]>