TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:24:40 -0500
I am assuming that you actually profiled the board and know that the
temperature profile conforms to the recomendations of the paste
manufacturer.

You need to determine if the board or components are at fault. J-STD-002 and
J-STD-003 provide test methods for the components and the board,
respectively. Did the paste wet to the board and leave the component
non-wetted? I would check the parts.