TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Glynn Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:06:51 -0800
Hello Peter.

I have been building complex boards seems like all my life. I understand
completely how the processes your fab shop used could result in difficulty
etching the patterns. I also understand how designers are capable of making
board production nearly impossible. If you are serious and would like real
help in determining if a better process exists for this particular board
then I am willing to devote a few hours of study to your problem-- but I
will need real information. I invite you to send me a fab drawing showing
the stack-ups and finished hole sizes, the various layer interconnections,
etc. In addition, if there aren't major confidentiality issues, I also
invite you to visit our web site and use the Data Transfer Menu to send us
the CAD Data for the part. We will load it onto our systems and check the
layout for plating-related issues.

It could well be that there is no better process than the fab house has
already chosen, but I also think they might have "overlooked" some viable
solutions to the problem. Only your fab drawing and data will tell for sure.

My web site is: www.protoengineering.com
My fax is USA: (408) 738-1290