TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Charles McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:07:32 -0500
I support Lou's contribution to the e-business auction discussion.
As a proponent of  W. Edwards Deming's  14 points of management, I am
gratified to see there are others in the US (I think Lou is US based) who
believe in his teachings. I carry the 14 points with me on calls to
clients to provide a continuous reminder of the added
value we all hope to provide those whom we supply.

The reality is it takes more effort on behalf of the manufacturing world
that they are willing to expend to become more profitable. If we all
followed the principals.
the benefits would be proven by empirical data and increased profitability.
There appears to be little interest however.
Even though the results would be, in my view , demonstrably superior and
profitable as compared to the current paradigm, the only issue that
matters to the customer is can we built it for less v. (my view), can we
help you design it so that we can THEN build it for less.

As an advocate for co-operative engineering, I can only aspire to the
hope that more will move in this direction in order to meet the global
competive challenge.
Steve....ignore the auction.. Leave it for those unwilling to do the
work needed to build a successful product. They won't survive anyway.

Charlie McMahon