TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
"Sauer, Steven T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:30:28 -0500
Hi Bob,
I've reflowed a lot of air and core wound inductors that are made with
magnet wire that has polyimide (type ML) insulation.  This is straight from
the spec sheet "ML is a film coated magnet wire made with polyimide resin.
It is a Class 220°C thermal life insulation with exceptional resistance to
chemical solvents and burnout.  It will operate at temperatures up to 240°C.
The outstanding cut-thru of over 400°C and its ability to withstand
excessiver overloads extends the use of magnet wire in extreme conditions.
ML is unaffected by prolonged exposure to varnish solvents and is compatible
with virtually all systems."
There are multiple mfr's but MWS Wire Industries (www.mwswire.com) is one
that I use the most.

Steve Sauer